Below is a comprehensive list of updates, information and resources as it relates to the Path Forward for 2020/21 – Phased Return to Campus. While we have provided some context and relevant links below, all updates can be found at the https://yubettertogether.info.yorku.ca/ micro-site, updated regularly by York University.
2020/2021 School Year – what to expect
YU Better Together – Regular Updates regarding the phased return to campus, ramping up research and facilities services, safety and campus operations. Link and details here:
- The Path Forward for 2020/2021 Classes: Our Fall term will be delivered for the most part online and remotely. We are committed to ensuring students are able to access the courses they need to progress in their programs, so I am pleased to share with our broader community that York University will be offering our full selection of academic programming this Fall. Because of advance planning on the part of our community, we will maintain the same high-quality learning experience for which York is known
- Ramping up Research: York University has prepared a micro site with essential information for all researchers, which includes details on how we plan to ramp-up research, FAQs and key documents for researchers.
- Operational Updates: The Division of Finance and Administration oversees the university’s facilities services, safety and campus operations and continues to focus on three objectives:
- Facilities Services: Check out the work York U is doing to ensure a safe environment when we return to campus, including physical distancing measures in classrooms, offices, libraries and lab, signage, increased cleaning and much, much more.
- Community Safety: Read updates on how The Community Safety Department works with the York community to ensure the safety of all York campuses.
- Campus Services: Visit this link for updates on all of our key services on campus and any disruptions or changes due to COVID-19 including: the bookstore, food services, parking, housing, printing, transportation & YU-Card Office
YU Better Together FAQs – Addresses a ton of Frequently Asked Questions from our Community covering a wide-range of relevant topics including safety, current students, new students, transfer students, future students, international students, graduate students, Glendon Students, Researchers, Instructors, Libraries & Operations, International Travel and Disclosures.
Course Scheduling & Conflict Resolution
Course Scheduling – To help you as you are scheduling your courses and to avoid course conflicts, York University has tools and resources to guide you!
- Use the Visual Schedule Builder (VSB) Tool! Note, VSB does not register you in courses. It helps you create an optimal course schedule plan. You then use it to enroll in courses through the Registration and Enrolment Module (REM). VSB does not replace academic advising or degree auditing. It cannot check prerequisites or financial / enrolment blocks that may prevent enrolment in the courses you select.
- Tips & Tricks to resolve course conflicts, refine course results, and enroll immediately can be found here.